In this episode, Federico Re meets Claire Rogers – CEO of ‘World Vision’ Australia.
During the 30 minute discussion on InspireTalkTV, Claire describes her senior leadership role at this global not-for-profit organisation, and why she considers herself a ‘social innovator’.
She outlines the importance and relevance of collaboration, social media, technology, and education, as a means to solving global poverty issues. Federico delves deep into a range of topics with Claire and explores:
1. What inspired her to join World Vision and her quest to focus on social innovation;
2. How technology has changed the face of philanthropy over the past 20 years;
3. Why business leaders need to adapt and disrupt, regardless of the industry;
4. The importance of ‘collaboration’ and why this is the new currency of the 21st century;
5. How culture, faith, and gender may be a cause a conflict in solving global issues;
6. The importance of ‘education’ within impoverished countries, and the limit to how much education should be invested into these regions;
7. The responsibility of the government, private enterprise, and individual citizens to combat global problems like poverty;
8. The future landscape of social entrepreneurship and philanthropy, and the changes that will take place over the next 20 years;
This discussion will be an inspiration to many social entrepreneurs and philanthropists around the world.